Tuesday, October 23, 2012

NYC Sunny Bronzer Review + Swatches


Today I am going to be doing a review on the NYC Smooth Skin Bronzer in Sunny. This bronzer has been a very popular product for the passed couple of months. So when I went back to the US in the beginning of October and saw it on the countless shelves of heavenly drugstore makeup, I had to submit to the hype.


This bronzer has a matte finish, which I have always preferred for face products. It is also a shade that is close to perfect for my skin color( My MAC MSF shade is Medium Dark). In other words, those who have medium skin tones, this bronzer is great for a natural sculpted look. For more fair skin tones, this may be slightly dark but you could always use a lighter hand when using it.


The pigmentation of this bronzer is not the best, but definitely great for its' price. The texture of it is quite smooth, but not as smooth and silky as my beloved Hoola bronzer from Benefit. However, it could be very well compared to some department store bronzers. The formulation, on the other hand, is chalky by the tiniest bit, but the chalkiness is barely noticeable once applied on your face. Sunny's wear is amazing and stays in for 8 hours through and through each hectic school day I wear it. It will fade a little, but it is still visible.



This bronzer retails for USD $3 and can be purchased in drugstores such as Walmart and CVS. Overall, this is a great bronzer and I would recommend this product to anyone who is on a tight budget or is on the hunt for an inexpensive bronzer that is 'high-end-worthy'.

Thank you for your time!




Arielle xox

No comments:

Post a Comment